With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it seemed like the perfect time to create this little list of fictional men I’d theoretically invite in for a nightcap, you know, assuming they weren’t madly in love with other characters, I wasn’t married and they were, well…. real.
1. Thorne Carswell, from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The space pirate who’s a wanted man from America all the way to the moon.
2. Levi, from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The definition of comforting, Levi always has an extra coffee in his hand and will do anything for his gal – like drive hours through a snowstorm.
3. Draco Malfoy, from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
A powerful wizard with a powerful family – he’s confident, ambitious, and that’s downright sexy.
4. Tyrannus Basilton “Baz” Grimm-Pitch from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
This story’s Draco Malfoy counterpart, Baz is intelligent, a risk-taker and his brooding demeanor is pretty irresistible.
5. Sturmhond from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
He’s a privateer with dashing good looks, quick wit, and while he’s a bit nefarious, he always follows his heart and does the right thing.
6. Arin from the Winner’s trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
One half in a classic tale of star-crossed lovers, Arin’s a protector, a revolutionary, and an artist.
7. Kaz Brekker from the Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
If life is a game of chess, Kaz is always playing ten moves ahead. He’s damaged, mysterious, complex and the most clever fictional character I know.
8. Jest from Heartless by Marissa Meyer
A shadow with lemon-yellow eyes, Jest is an enigma – infuriating and comforting at the same time, he speaks his mind one minute and in riddles the next.